Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 68 - Caucaia - 140 Kilometers on These Chacos

After 140 kilometers, we ended our week so great!

We discovered a new part of our area this week that is extremely far away.. about 40 minutes on the bus. Everyday this week, we cought a bus after lunch and arrived in the area, but too come home at night we have to walk because the bus doesn´t come back to the neighborhood after 5pm because of the rain and mud. If we stay on the main road it´s a lot faster and only 18 kilometers! Needless to say, by the end of the week we were utterly exhausted and my legs were dead. To add onto it, this sunday was stake conference in Cotia! So Sunday morning, there was a bus leaving from the church to take everyone to the stake center at 8am! We woke up extremely early and walked to pick up Patrícia and her family and then walk with them to the church. The miracle that happened this week was walking to church with this family. They live an hour and 15 minutes from church walking. My legs were about to collapse but somehow I had strength to put my foot in front of the other and keep going. When we arrived at the last hill we had to climb up, Camile (6years old) was so sleepy and tired from walking that she wanted someone to carry her, but her parents were also extremely out of breathe. My inner animal came out as I picked her up and climbed the entire hill with her on my back until we got to the church.. Once again, Heavenly Father was the one carrying me. I´ve never seen the Lord´s hand so close to me as I have here in Caucaia. So in the end, we arrived at church with Patrícia and her husband Eduardo, and their kids, Ana Paulo, Carlos, George, Paulo, and Camile. They will be baptized at the end of February so continue to pray for this blessed family! This week on Wednesday, they have to leave there home and will be building another shack in a huge field at the very end of our area. I´m so happy to still be able to visit them, but it´s not going to be the easiest trip all the way out there or getting them to church. I love my Savior and I love my Heavenly Father. I love being His servent and I love growing closer to Him todos os dias.

This week I´ll be going on splits in Vargem Grande again (my first area) so I´m super excited. I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

com amor de Caucaia Sião,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment