Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 55 - Vila Sonia - Finding and Teaching

Whaaaaaaaaat a weeeeeek!!! Every week is such a good week! This email is going to be short again becuase of all the things we have to get done today!

We have 7 people with baptism dates and 3 that are progressing! My people that were baptized in Vila Yara last week were successfully confirmed members of the church yesterday! Too bad I couldn´t be there, but the important part is that it happened and worked out right. We´re teaching our neighbor, Neide, that we found in the elevator and she has 75 years. She looks like she has 40 years but she´s the funniest great grandma to us! Last night she called in our apartment inviting us to come over and eat cake with her at 11:30pm!!! So cute and funny! I´m literally loving my area and having a blast here. I went on splits this week in Perdizes which reminded me a lot of Charlotte! Yesterday at church, we had 9 investigators.. and then I left my planner in the room and someone must have picked it up. So basically, my planner with every one´s address and phone number and our appointments this week is goneeeeee so now i´m a little stressed out! But it´ll turn up in some place soon hopefully. I´m also a pro chef here in Brasil, just for all of you to know. I cook every morning for my dear companion. We eat a lot of french toast, fried oreas, omelets, hashbrowns, and avacado smoothies. WOOHOOOO!

Tonight our apartment complex is having a halloween party and then the kids are going trick or treating. So today we´re spending the day attaching passalong cards to lollipops and decorating our door. We also have to come up with another costume to use for tonight! Usually, Halloween isn´t a holiday here in Brazil, but São Paulo is trying to make it one so we´re lucky to be in a place that wants to try something. It´s gonna be such a blast to recieve trick or treaters!!!!!!

The best part of my week was find a young man that is inactive and he got so happy that we found him and went to visit him. It´s been 3 years since someone from the church visited him. He´s 19 years old and said he wants our help so that he can serve a mission, so this is now our goal.

The church is true, miracles happen, The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.
c/ amor de Vila Sônia,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment