Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 57 - Vila Sonia - I Went to the Church of Jesus Christ

Amo Zona São Paulo! Did I ever tell you that I´m literally in the São Paulo, São Paulo? The capital of São Paulo? Yes, I´m literally in São Paulo, SP. It´s still a hard area, but it´s a lot better than when I was in Osasco. The area is still rich and usually no one is ever at home, but we have our ways of finding our miracles. I love the challenges of my area, the support from the members, and I love my companion! It´s hard to believe that transfers are already coming up AGAIN!!  

This week was awesome and horrible.. it never stops raining here!!! Also, we found out on Thursday that our investigator could not be baptized. It was right before her baptism interview when we started feeling that something was wrong. I don´t know why I didn´t think of this before, so I got really mad and annoyed with myself. She´s seperated from her husband, not divorced. So she is legally married, but dating someone else. She´s breaking the law of chastity.. right? I wasn´t sure, so we started asking everyone and no one knew the answer. As much as I wanted to baptize her, I felt the Spirit confirming that it was wrong. To recieve absolute certainty, we called President Thomas and asked.. he said she can´t be baptized because it is breaking the law of chastity. The first rule of the law is to be 100% faithful to your spouse, and they are still legally married. So that was a sad day and explaining this to her was the saddest part.
 

A good thing that happened this week was with another investigator! Rita! She owns a carwash and is never able to go to church on Sunday. So this week we made a huge sign to put on the front gate saying "Fui para a igreja de Jesus Cristo.. Abrirei ás 10h30" so that she could go to the sacrament meeting. She loved it and WENT TO CHURCH!!!!! We have to go slow with her because it´s a dangerous situation, but she´s progressing!
 

Also, Titto´s baptism might not happen this Saturday :( Everything is perfect with him.. almost. His dad is completely againt our religion and fought with Titto. So Titto is planning on going to BYU next year (yes, sem ser membro) and his dad is going to pay for everything. But now his dad is saying that se o Titto se batizar na igreja, que ele não mais pagará a faculdade dele nem para morar fora. So Titto thinks he should wait and be baptized NEXT YEAR at college. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pray that everything works out!
 

Also, we had a meeting with Elder Neilson who is the Executive Director of the church missionary department! It was amazing and I absolutely loved it. It was the best part of my week.. kind of. The other great part was when we bought 5kg of açai with the money we recieved for lunch one day hahahahahahaha. I´m a master chef so we never have to eat in restaurants! I always cook so we save a lot of money, especially because everything here in São Paulo, São Paulo is expensive!
 

Alsooooo, we´re doing a 40 day fast in our mission to get rid of the things that are keeping us from feeling the spirit. I´m sacrificing Coca Cola and singing music.. and promising that I´ll go to be at 22h30 every night... hahahaha! We are super busy here doing everything we can to finish God´s work here. I love my mission and seeing so many people´s testimony grow.

Hope you all have a blessed week com um monte de milagres!

c/ amor de São Paulo,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment