Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 43 - Vila Yara - Trains and Buses to.... Somewhere

I found the best pizzaria in the world.. right here in Osasco! Imagine a pizza with perfectly fluffed crust.. (no tomato sauce) shredded chicken, then completely covered with mozerella cheese, then topped with bacon slices and chocolate stuffed crust.. yep.
 

So this week absolutuley flew byyyyyyy! The only thing I really remember is that on Friday the new missionaries had a trainamento so we went to Sao Paulo by train! I´m really starting to become a pro at catching trains and random buses that are heading for who knows where. With our adventuring personalities and tyhe power of prayer it always seems to work out in the end :)

It´s crazy to think that I´ve already been in this area for 3 weeks.. the transfer is almost over!!!
 

President Thomas is thinking about closing the area again and taking us out of here because of the safety problems.. but everything will be fine and we´ll be protected and if The Lord thinks we should be here, then I agree!
 

Our work is becoming marvellous here in Vila Yara! We´ll be having the baptism of two sisters that we found on the 21st of August! Giovana and Cleide!! When the scriptures talk about being converted and having a broken heart and contrite spirit, it´s Cleide and Giovana all the way. I´ve never seen anything like them in my life. Cleide´s desire to become cleam and follow Christ´s example if extraordinary. She was drinking 2 or 3 pots of coffee every day at work or home and as soon as we taught her the word of wisdom, she just said "okay. it´s done" We were a little confused thinking what in the world is done? And then she explained that she would stop with the coffee and it wouldn´t even be a problem. And since then, she still hasn´t taken a sip and it´s been 1 week. Miracles are true, and The Lord blesses us according to our desire, faith, and His will.
 

We will also have Eduarda´s baptism on August 28th! Her parents are less active but are trying to come back and she´s crazy to be baptized! 17 years old and she knows exactly what she wants in life. And on this day, she wants to follow our Savior´s example.
 

We´re also helping millionsssssssss of less actives in the area come back to church. It´s a hard process but we had our miracle at church yesterday.. Joao Paulo walked into sacrament meeting when we weren´t even expecting it. A young man with 18 years decided to come back to church for the first time in 4 years all alone. Seeing the Hand of The Lord working in these ways is incredibly and eye opening.
 

My companion is starting to love playing uno with me! She´s getting the hang of it and started to loosen up a little bit! I´m so proud of her progress after just 3 weeks and her forces and how hard she´s pushing herself to be better every day.
 

I love this gospel, I love my Savior, I love my Heavenly Father and I love my mission. I love The Book of Mormon and the blessings I have. I love my family and our plan of Happiness The Lord created.
 

I am a representative of The Savior Jesus Christ and of His Church, saying that He lives. The Gospel was restoured. We have a living prophet today and He loves us.
 

com amor,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment