Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 38 - Jardim Celeste - Feliz Feriado!

Good morning America from Brasil! Happy 4th of freakin´July for you alllll :)

There´s nothing better than having a Brasilian companion on this beautiful, God-blessed day! She learned the Star Spangled Banner and dressed in blue and red with me today. We´re going to grill hotdogs afterwards and also make s´mores!
WOOHOOOOOO!
 

This week passed by faster than any other week in my life I think. Gabi started going to seminary this week and we marked her baptism date for the 16th! Tuesday I got sick and and Tuesday night the amazing Sister D Sousa saved my life I was thrown over the toilet vomitting out my intestines. Wednesday we went on splits and I stayed with Fabiana and slept while Sister D Sousa went with Eduarda and Karen to check up on our investigators. Thursday, I was feeling so much better and we went back to work. After focusing on Junior the whole week, our stress and work and labor finally payed off. Sunday he was baptized with ease and almost the whole ward was there to support him. The young men sang a song from EFY at the baptism and it was incredible.
 

I´m truly and insanely grateful for the miracles that The Lord has shown me. When we do our part and stay focused The Lord truly blesses us. I don´t have a doubt in my mind about the power of prayer. Yesterday as the baptismal font was being filled, the water in the church cut off.. great. After an entire ward got to praying, the water returned 30 minutes before the baptism, but then the water heater decided to blow a fuse. We don´t know how it started working again, but thanks to our prayers, it heated up just enough to be able to be used.
 

I know that this is the true Gospel of Christ on the earth. I know that The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel and I know that families can be forever. I know that I´m a daughter of God and he is preparing the way for us to return back to His kingdom

com amor,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment