Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 56 - Vila Sonia - The Book that Changes Lives

I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I LOVE TRICK-OR-TREATERS!
 

So our apartment halloween party was a success. We gave out so much candy and met so many people! Our costumes weren´t that great, but it was still fun hahahaha. Tuesday night, we had an activity that was a blast and such a huge success. More than 80 people came to "All you can eat chocolate!!!" Except, it wasn´t a chocolate buffet that we did. We made a bunch of games and obstacle courses and people had to win or pass through to recieve chocolate. The more you won, the mroe chocolate you get. It was so great and so fun. We also had interviews with President Thomas this week...in English... and I don´t know to say if it´s good or bad that it was the hardest part of my week. Anyways, the same night, we got permission to help our investigator Neide walk her dogs at night and then eat dinner with her, but still had to be in our room at 10:30pm. It was almost like a slumber party with her hahahaha. Saturday we went to the temple again with Neide and she absolutely loved it. Afterwards, our lunch fell through for the 4th time this week... but luckily I´ve become a cooking all-star here in Brazil, so I save us every time. I still haven´t learned to make beans but I will before I come home. It rained the entire week, excpet for today!!!!!! It´s sunny and hot and we´re extremely happy. We´re going to catch a train today and ride around the city just because Sister Modesto has never rode one before.
 

This week was also a very spiritual week. The best feeling in the mission is being able to fall on your knees at the end of the day to humble ask The Lord to accept the work you did that day, and then feel the certeza that you did all you could, you gave it all you had, and that Heavenly Father is proud of you. I am so happy to say that I am able to do this every day and feel this feeling every night. There is no greater satisfaction than that. One night, we felt that our investigator was needing us.. and even though she lives on the other side of town, we ran over there immediately and found her 2 little kids in the front yard crying. Luckily, we have a gate key to her house, so we let ourselves in and found her locked in the bathroom with the kitchen table full of beer cans and vodka bottles. Not a single can was opened and not a single bottle was opened. When we broke the door open, she was sitting on the floor reading The Book of Mormon, crying, with her dead cellphone in her lap. She couldn´t find her charger to be able to call us and ask for help and the temptation was too strong, so she locked herself in the bathroom.
 

I know that The Book of Mormon changes lives. It saves lives. I know that it´s true. I love this gospel and I love my Savior and I know that God lives.
 

Hope every one has a blessed week! LOVE Y´ALL!
 

com amor da Vila Sônia,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment