Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 29 - Jardim Celeste - Falling Down and Faith

Everything in Jardim Celeste is falling right now.. either falling into place or falling apart.

Yes yáll, I’m super stressed here and this week is blowing me away. First off, IT IS FREEZING COLD. Someone left a jacket in our house that I’ve claimed now but as for tights and leggings I’m in trouble. I’ve developed such a strong love with my area that I’m in, I can’t and don’t want to imagine leaving it. The members joke that I’m an actual member of the ward here, and it’s basically true. 3 months here and my heart is completely in love with this ward.

Our recent converts are being put to the ultimate test this week as Satan is litterally trying everything to pull these 4 families apart. It’s so crazy that as I go through these challenges with my families here, I can literally feel my heart breaking for them. Trying to protect and mend everyone and everything is more than difficult. And doing all this while trying to find other people to help and teach is stressful. But my faith will not shake.

The Lord gave us these families by miracle and I know that he will continue to bless and strengthen these families, and I know they are other families preparing or already prepared to hear about the gospel. This week as we suffered with the suffering, I learned more about the pure love of Christ. When we are sad or faced with difficulties, I know that He too is sad with us and suffered through it with us. This is what it means to be a representative of Christ. To act how He would act, and to say what He would say. These families will grow to be sealed in the temple, I know of this. And we will find more families to bring to the temple and one day after this life, we will all live in the presence of our Heavenly Father together.

P.S. My companion Sister D. Sousa is amazing! She’s very calm, but so nice and smart and supportive. This is going to be a wonderful transfer with her!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! and mom did you know that you can order clothes from Forever 21 and have them shipped here? Yes, Brasil has Forever21!!!!!!!

com amor,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment