Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 26 - Jardim Celeste - Citizenship

YÁLL! I’M LEGAL IN BRASIL. Yes, I was already legal here, but now I’m almost a citizen here I think!

So this week F L E W by, but was awesome!!

So first off, we started our week off with a pizza party in the house of [some members]! I’m actually addicted to pizza with chocolate filled crust.. it’s marvellous.

So back to how I’m legal now..
WEDNESDAY. All missionaries have a health insurance card from the church, right? Well a new protocol came out that Americans in Brazil in our area need a CPF number to be able to use the health plan on spot.. what’s a CPF number? Just a social security number. So Wednesday, me.. along with 3 other Americans in my zone went on splits from our companions and got sent on a journey into the middle of Sao Paulo, out of our mission, to find a certain federal department to apply for our CPF and have all these things made. 4 Americans in the middle of the biggest city in Brasil, not having any idea where they were headed or what they were even looking for.. yeah that was us. 3 buses, and a train later.. we finally arrived. Then 3 trains (because we caught the wrong one at first then had to turn around) and more 3 buses.. FINALLY we arrived back to Taboão safely, legally, and as official Brasileiros. It was the most adventurous, funnest, and confusing part of my mission yet! Now that I successfully accomplished that, I feel like I can conquer anything. Which is why this email is going to be super short! We’re leaving here in just a little bit to catch 2 buses, then a train and headed off into the very center of São Paulo to explore!!!

Just one more detail of what happened this week: I ate ants.. actually no I didn’t. I DRANK ants. Friday was super hot and we were literally being fried in the street.. LITERALLY. Our water evaporated out of our water bottles.......so when someone offered us water in one of our lessons, we accepted of course. Beleza (beautiful). BUT, when she handed me the glass of water, the cup had at least 12 ants floating in it. If I didn’t drink it, she would have been offended and question why on earth I didn’t want her water when we were dying of thirst.. So I drank it while praying in my rapidly beating heart that these little ants wouldn’t bite my insides or something crazy.

So that was my week. The weddings are still on! We’re still planning like crazy to make sure everything goes right, and we’re also praying we stay together for one more transfer! Transfers are in 2 weeks, it’s crazy how time flies!! BUT, the church is true, Pai Celestial (Heavenly Father) loves you, annnnnd I know have a social security number in 2 countries :)

Tchau amo todos vocês! Com grande amor,
Sister Bido


No comments:

Post a Comment