Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 9 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - Standing for Testimonies





Just an FYI, HAPPY 2 MONTHS TO ME! This week absolutely flew by and I loved it. The only awful day was Sunday but I just expect Sundays to be bad, so that´s okay. Monday, we didn't do anything but go grocery shopping, and then we put a blanket on the floor in the main room and all napped and ate this weird Brazilian-Chinese-type food. oh and I got stung by a bee while walking, remained calm, used my tweezers to pull out the stinger, and BAM. My arm inflated to the size of my thigh from above my elbow to my wrist. Sister Modesto wanted me to go to the ER and I told her that she was just being dramatic, that my mom would give me a bandaid and say it just looked like a tiny mosquito bite! So three days later..... it started to unswell and look semi normal. Now, it´s almost better so that´s really good. An awesome thing is that literally we live across the street from a Saúde. Kind of like a health department/mini hospital if we ever do have a serious thing.

Tuesday we had multi-zone, and that was not fun either because I know no one and it´s awkward and I didn't understand all of the talks. But lunch was good and I had wifi there, so yeah! I did meet a lot of fun people and got all my letters! YES I AM RECEIVING MISSION TIES LETTERS. I opened them on the bus back (it was a private charter for all the missionaries) and I opened one from Tristan, and Lucky´s hair fell out of it and literally there was so much hair everywhere!!!!!! IT WAS HILARIOUS! Literally and it was awesome, everyone else thought it was so funny and cool and everyone was taking pictures of this crazy American girl who opened a letter full of dog hair. I had some Brazilians convinced that my dog sent me a letter with some help and it was just so great.

Thank you everyone for the letters by the way.  Seriously, I needed them.

Saturday we had a baptism!!!!!! Nina was baptized this week instead of next, so seriously it was such a great and special experience.  My first baptism! And the week after this, we´re expecting 2 more! Nina was Sister Modesto´s first baptism as well.

So two things that were really cool things that were really cool this week.

One- Wednesday was Sister Covey´s 6 month anniversary so we had a fiesta and I used the decorations you sent with me!! It was so cute. We also ordered a pizza and of course, I bought more ice cream!! :) The pizza was great, definitely different than the US. Here, the pizza hardly has any tomato sauce and the crust isn't as fluffy and fresh, but it´s still good. Especially since I don´t like a lot of tomato sauce.

The second cool thing that happened- Saturday night we ran out of toilet paper and it was after 9 so we couldn’t go buy any and couldn't buy any on Sunday. but guess what?? YOU SENT ME TOILET PAPER and again, our lives were saved. So Mom this is a thank you for the emergency toilet paper, I honestly can´t express my gratitude enough for that one. And the tuna, the other sisters are sarcastically thanking you for that ;) They don´t like the smell either!! But that is okay! I have a picture of the outside of the house that I’ll send, but not the inside yet. It´s nothing fancy or weird except the bathroom. Sister Covey’s mom sent a lot of decorations for Natal and even a mini Christmas tree so we´re still decorating!

Answers
We always drink juice at people’s houses, but for lunch if the person is a little fancier, we have soda. I always go for the juice cause it´s better. In house, I only drink water. I don't like drinking while we´re working because we have nowhere to pee unless it´s in someone´s house, and depending on who or where, we normally try our hardest not to see stranger's bathrooms.

Lunch here is a thanksgiving meal, every day.  I eat dinner too almost every night with Irma Josafina. By the way she came to church this Sunday for the first time in 2 years AND bore her testimony!!!!! Usually we have rice and beans and a salad, and then 2 different types of meat like sausage, or beef, or chicken.  I love the chicken! I don´t really snack that much because after lunch I’m not hungry.  But at night when we're planning I eat whatever we have in the house or ice-cream. Skype on Christmas DAY.  And yes there is a McDonalds in Sao Paulo, 2 hours away.

Oh another thing really quick!!!!!!  Yesterday was fast and testimony and as soon as time was turned over for testimonies half the ward got up and sat on the stand and there was a line of people to share! Freaking awesome.  Okay for real this time, I love you and goodbye!!

Love you all for eternity!!




No comments:

Post a Comment