Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 11 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - Feliz Natal


What..... segunta-feira já?!?!?! This week FLEW BY. A G A I N!  But needless to say, it was a good one and well spent. 

So last Pday, immediately after emailing, my companion and I went to Sao Paulo to pick up my package at the post office. First we stopped by the mission home because I had 26 letters... yáll... that’s a lot. BUT THANK YOU I LOVED THEM ALL!!!!!

Anyways, so I found out I couldn’t use my card at the post office so I had to find an ATM or bank. Luckily, there’s a mall pretty close. So in the mall, after using the ATM, we got ice cream cones from McDonald’s and it was perfect. Seriously, it was perfect. When we got back to our house, Pday was over and it was time to work so I couldn’t open my caixa (package), but when we returned, I opened it and oh my gosh..... thank you Abuela!!!!!!!! Literally the best things in the world, and the Rudolph noses were hilarious.

Tuesday, I started a chocolate fast. An investigator of ours, said she would try going 3 days without coffee and I would go three days without chocolate. It was difficult honestly, but it happened! She expects  to be baptized this Saturday finally :) and in 2 weeks, her two brothers will be baptized as well! So I’m  really excited for their family!

Wednesday was the activity for Natal and it was so much fun! It rained and poured the whole day, but it was awesome. We played volleyball, had a mechanical bull, a trampoline, and a blowup soccer field bouncy house thing with soap. Everyone was soaking wet and was playing and really, it was exactly what I needed! After all this, President and Sister Del Guerso talked and then we received our packages! Mom, I received the one with my Patagonia and the one with the stockings, which by the way THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved everything so much and my companion cried when I opened it and handed her gifts to her. The skirt wasn’t even close to fitting, remember she’s Brasilian hahaha. But we decided we’re giving the skirt to Natalia for Christmas, so it all worked out. And our refrigerator is so cute with all the magnets and nativity scenes!

Friday we received official permission from the parents to baptize our investigators so we celebrated Friday night about that. It was also the hottest day here, I’m sure of it! I felt sick all day, and to make it worse, we missed the only bus for lunch so we walked all the way there and back, so by the end of the day we had walked for more or less 16 miles.  It was awful but still a good day!

Saturday was good as well! I had the best lunch of my life, but I don’t even know what it was. HONESTLY. But it rained and poured Saturday and mom once again, thank you for the goofy rain jackets that fold up really small! I gave one to my companion and it saved us from being completely soaked! Just the bottoms of our skirts were soaked!

And Sunday, we ran out of toilet paper AGAIN!!!!!! So we used the last roll you sent me and it saved our lives again. so THANKS MOM!!!!

Also, yesterday was Young Women in Excellence here and all 4 of the sisters sang daughter of a king in Portuguese of course and it was awesome, honestly. The Spirit was so strong yesterday! My miracle journal is filling up really fast! Definitely grateful to have started it because going back and reading them is so amazing! 

So last night, we were all on a sugar high from all of our candy and snacks that we pulled all of our mattresses off our beds and into the living room and the 4 of us slept in there together and talked till 1am. So we’ll probably sleep today after we get back to our house. So I hope you all have an awesome week and continue looking for all the miracles God grants you each hour. 

Another thing I forget! Remember my first baptism? Nina? We’re preparing her and hopefully will be going to the temple with her on Wednesday, but we’re not sure yet!

Com Amor, 
Sister Bido!

No comments:

Post a Comment