Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 10 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - Enduring with Lehi


Happy is the one who shares what he knows and learns what he teaches
Cora Coralina

Hola meus amigos, how is America? Just kidding I’m a little scared to know honestly after the letter I got from Jordan Pappas hahaha.

This week was really good, and flew by extremely fast WHICH I AM LOVING!!! :) So Segunta feira (Monday), last pday, was normal and whatever. Tuesday was normal too, sorry I know y’all probably don’t know what normal here is.. So basically wake up, run 2 miles with Sister Covey, shower, study, then get to work!!! I forget where we had lunch, but it’s always in the house of a member. Very rarely do we have to eat on our own, which was Thursday. But anyways, after lunch we work work work until 9 at night. I try not to drink a lot because I have a horrible bladder and nowhere to use the bathroom. I found a food here that makes me literally want to throw up. So having 8 missionaries at every meal, we find some interesting things to talk about. We always like to joke with each other eating like, come on elder you don’t want more? You don’t like the comida? Only 2 more scoops, Sister Bido, why not 3? and such. So one day this week, we had jello for desert.. but it was 3 different flavors of jello mixed in and mixed with leite condinsation or whatever, I don’t know he name in English but I think that’s it. Condensed milk, I think! literally, I was about to throw up all over the table. and Elder Albuquerque kept saying, come on eat more!!! but this was realmente no piada. No joke. Literally cannot.. but anyways.

Wednesday was SO FUN!!! I had my first splits, so I went to Cotia with the sister training leader and spent the night there and the next day returned to Vargem Grande to my companion. Cotia was amazing! I learned so much from her and we really did witness milagres aquele dia (miracles that day). We went by one house, and she said it’s impossible to share a message in this house because the women never wants to listen and doesn’t care to hear but here 6 year old daughter always does. So we went by anyways, and I introduced myself and the women said that I talked beautifully, but what place did I come from. I told her the United States and she automatically greeted us into her house with open arms for the very first time because she wanted to hear me talk. After the lesson, we invited her to be baptized and she accepted the invitation. How marvelous!

We went to another house after that and the investigator was drunk. and she cried when she heard me talk.... only because she thought that I was speaking in English and she could understand me so she had the gift of tongues and I was prophesying to her. So that was probably the highlight of the week com certeza (certainly).

Wednesday was back to Vargem Grande and I felt a little down because wanted to be back into Cotia, but I know I’m needed here at this time. And I think I figured out why this week. So there’s a guy named Michael, and he is always on the street Andaraí to get wifi on his phone. Let me tell you something, if there is anyone in this world that knows the Bible, it’s him. He has 24 years of age but that means nothing here. He is the most complicated and interesting person I’ve ever met. He’s also the rudest. He asked deep deep deep doctrinal questions that I don’t have the palavras en Portuguese (words in Portugeuse) and my companion hasn’t even been a member for 2 years yet so we can never answer. And he will never let us start a lesson because he’s too busy preaching and questioning. And he’s extremely rude because my language isn’t perfect and he makes that known. He even told me I shouldn’t be in Brasil if I can’t speak the language. But anyways. We had 7 investigators come to church with us yesterday!! We have 3 baptisms on the 26, but the other before that fell through and we’re not positive about here right now.

I’ve been reading Our Search for Happiness and it is truly remarkable. I’ve started a notebook and every day, and I write the miracles that happened that day. It’s the small things that always go unnoticed. But honestly, when we live our lives day by day with the intent to find and see the milagres (miracles) from God.. minha nossa (oh my).. God truly is wonderful.

I also have a scripture of the week and this week’s was 1 Nephi 17:13. So my Spiritual thought this week is about Lehi’s vision of the Tree of Life. In the grand and spacious building, did Lehi see you? Or did he see you at the end of the rod of iron with shame and slowly letting go, being lost into the darkness? Or did he see you there with him, paying no attention to the mockers and rejoicing of the fruit? Endure to the end. The end of today, the end of tomorrow, the end of this trial, the end of this life. Whatever it is, endure through it. 

Much love to you all,
Sister Bido





]



No comments:

Post a Comment