Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week 4 - CTM - For My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures - Sister Bido



Thank you for the cookies again and sundae! Next time get me a cookie shake, those are the best I hear!

Last Friday was really fun, nothing to interesante, mas muito divertido. Our district usually hangs out together the whole time so that’s always a blast. Before I forget, can you find out what happens when I leave the MTC, if I still get letters from there at the mission home or what? It usually takes 4-5 days to get your letters at the CTM from them, so the last day you can send me letters would be Thursday morning.

Anyways, Saturday was Halloween but we didn’t celebrate anything unfortunately. We had a huge lunch, then started our 24 hour fast. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds at all. In church, I bore my testimony on á dom da linguas and the power of Deus. We had a devotional about how we can measure our love for Christ by how well we keep His commandments. We also learned about sacrifice and deliverance.

The scriptures are my absolute best friend, as well as Jesus. I know him so well now that I’ve started thinking like him more often. 2 Nephi 4:15, 16. Read the scriptures and apply them to your life. You will be changed. I love Jesus Christ and this gospel.

Thursday, a bird flew into our room and didn’t want to leave, so that just screamed the dia was going to be estrano. It rained all week, so when we left our window open we received a miniature flood. I wish I brought my Patagonia! I don’t regret the amount or style of clothes I brought.

Every building in my area is just about covered in graffiti and we think it signified a level of poverty. My Português is improving rapido and my district says I’m the most improved. 2 of them know Spanish so they are almost practically fluent and another girl studied a lot before so me and her are on the same level. I just work really hard to stay focused during class. I don’t want the reason I fail someone of their eternal salvation be that I didn’t know how to answer.

Jessica, my most difficult investigator finally committed to baptism after 17 lessons (I think). We went to the Campinas temple this morning and I went through the veil in Português for the first time! It was so awesome. Afterwards, I bought a Livro De Mormon from the distribution center and everyone on our van signed their name and favorite verse and I gave it to our instructor and he is writing his testimony in it right now and as soon as the van stops he is going to give it to the driver. How exciting!

It’s about to rain, so I’ll get to try my umbrella out today when we go out.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment