Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week 5 - CTM - Ye Must Build Your Foundation - Sister Bido






This week was also a hard one. I’m really used to the food here in the CTM, so it doesn’t sketch me out anymore. I forgot all the questions anyone asked me this week, sorry! I listened to the devotional this week without using headphones to listen to the English translation, so that was quite an accomplishment. Sunday night devotional was given by my mission presidente e his wife. After, I got to meet them and talk with them. Sister Del Guerso said I’ll be fluent by my second transfer… that’s in 12 weeks!

Nothing totally exciting happened this week, sorry to disappoint. Tuesday night, we went to see one of our investigators, but met with her neighbor. We introduced prayer, showed him how to pray, and we introduced the Book of Mormon. He was extremely interested and continued to thank us for being there. It was a really powerful and spiritual lição. At the end, I invited him to be baptized. I wasn’t shocked at all when he said that he would.


We had a new topic in TRC this week – “How to receive answers to your prayers.” There are 3 main ways we decided to teach about. Personal revelation, scripture study, and through attending church. In the end, we chose to really expound on the how part. You have to prepare yourself to be spoken to by the Lord. So what can you do to prepare yourself to receive the answers to your prayers from the Lord? All over the scriptures it says that God will do His part, IF you do yours. Also, I memorized Romans 8:36-39 in Português. I love the book of Romans. Actually I just love the scriptures so much.


Friday, our district shared our testimonies with a new district in Português about a dom da linguas – which was AWESOME! So our district is really close and it’s been a sad week. We have to leave each other. Tomorrow we say bye to all our instructors and that’s going to be really sad. I’m going to be so nervous and wrecked and stressed on Monday. It’s like leaving my family all over again for my mission. Totally not prepared for this. But I’m so excited and ready to be in the field! I love you guys and am so grateful for your support and love!


I found out today that one day a week the missionaries in my mission get to go to the temple and greet people from the street and talk about the temple and tour the waiting room and discuss the meaning of the pictures!


Our focus this week was on Helaman 5:12, another one of my favorites! And Ether 12:27!


Paz e bênçãos com amor!



Sister Bido

Sister Bido's Picture Album

Question wrap up..
1) They do not give us water filters.
2) They have not taught us about safety or cultural differences.
3) We do our own laundry. Each district is assigned a time each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment