Friday, October 30, 2015

Week 3 - CTM - Have Great Joy and Be Exceedingly Glad - Sister Bido

Eu sou Brasilhetta

So this was a good week full of ups and downs. Mom, I wrote a long letter with detail so I’ll send that to you when I go to the cookie store in a few hours.

I want everyone right here and now to stop thinking about themselves and their feelings and their worries and do something for the Lord. Do not ever worry about me or fret or involve me in anymore of your worries please. I AM IN THE LORD’S HANDS. He puts all of his trust in me to spread His love and His gospel, and I give Him the same trust back. So you should too. And for the sake that I want and need to strive to be exactly obedient, please don’t inform me of worldly things going on because I am fully focused on the work of the Lord and salvation of others. OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOUR LIVES THOUGH!!!!! So that stuff is fine :) This email is going to be a short one, but I just want you to all know that I love you. I have been blessed with a beautifully spirited family and I will always remember that. Sometimes remembering that is the only thing pushing me into the next day.

I’ve struggled this week with understand why and have to push myself to knowing that I have to accept things. We went proselyting Wednesday and each handed out 3 Book of Mormons. It was an adventure and an experience for sure.

We finally took public transportation. The buses are skinny and tall, like the Harry Potter trolley and the driving here is 89 times crazier than Cali and Idaho combined. My language is coming along pretty fine for this to be my 4th week here. My tan is gone, so sad. OH Sara! It’s called the ctm here because of how you say MTC, the Portuguese grammar is different. We only leave here on PDays which is today. I can get mail every day except Sunday and can only send on pday. We also just got 2 new members added to our family district here from Provo!

Maple doesn’t translate over to Portuguese apparently, they just say maple when they feel the need to use it. We had another really awesome devotional Thursday morning about Alma. He was rejected by the people after commanded to preach to them, but he didn’t give up because the Lords trust for him never changed. 90% of your good ideas come from the Holy Ghost, IF you’re keeping the commandments. I sent Emanuel a letter, someone tell him to check his email. Christ was the greatest man to ever walk this earth and live and if you don’t know that right now you need to find that out for yourself. He had no degree, yet he was called Teacher. He had no slaves and was called Master. He was crucified, and did no wrongs. He was behind tomb for 3 days, and yet HE LIVES. 

Be looking for the letter I’m sending my mom about the details. Remember that I love you, God loves you, and His will is infinite; important compared to yours. Humble yourselves and Trust in The Lord Thy God. 
Paz e bençòus con todo meu amor, 
Sister Bido (and my blog is irmajustine.blogspot.com if i ever miss an email to you!)

P.S.

Read 3 Nephi 12:10-12 to prepare yourself. I love you and I love being a missionary. Because I have been given much I too must give, and because much is given much is always expected.  My whole heart is in this and no it’s not easy at times, but President Swenson said that I can be perfect at saying a prayer and perfect at bearing my testimony, and that will make me a missionary with perfection. I don’t have Cathy’s email but tell her thank you for the letter, it made me smile. I love every one and knowing you all love me gives me endless happiness. I’m the only one in my district that is getting mail right now and I think it’s sad to some of them, so if anyone feels up too, I would love a heartfelt letter that I can read to all of them about support or whatever!  (I love you mom and dad, thanks again for the cookies from last week. I now have 10 people in my district so that’s cool. We were nervous about having new fam members but they’re slowly getting used to us. Love ya mean it, talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment