Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Arrival day at the Sao Paulo CTM!!!! We just got an email!!!!!


We were so happy to actually get to hear from Justine today!!

On 10/7/15, Greetings from Brasil!!!!!!! Sorry I didn´t call in Atlanta, I fell on the moving stairs and my bag dropped and I flashed my G´s to everyone but it´s all good. The flight to Atlanta was really quick and quiet. Getting through Atlanta was surprisingly easy so that was good. But it was extremely far away so by the time I got to my gate, I saw an elder and we sat and talked for 2 minutes. His name is Elder Davis and then I went to the bathroom while he watched my carry on bag. So yes, I was using him so I didn't have to carry my bag all the way back to the bathroom with me.
Turns out I was right about being the only sister on the plane... and there were 3 elders. Elder Davis and I were sat beside each other and he is exactly like Austin (Pappas)!!!! It was so comforting because I felt a little at home except that he was crying about leaving his girlfriend so that was funny and random.

Anyways, I don´t have a lot of time. I´m here, I´´m safe! My companion is Sister Namauu!!!!!!! This place is so foreign and cool looking I know I´m gonna love it! Well I love you goodbye! Tell everyone I love them and that I am officially a foreign plane traveler so I´m pretty cool.
It´s lunch time though and I haven´t eaten in forever so Chow!!!
Oh and btw Pday is on Friday, but we arent sure if it will get to be this friday since we arrived today. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

OH!!! This is important, for breakfast when we got to the CTM they fed us pieces of turkey and pieces of cheese and some soup stuff? WEIRD SO WEIRD

okay bye i love you all.

oh mercy, one more thing! we can´t send pictures in the CTM... bummer.

okay bye love you lunch is calling me.

So a side note, Sister Bailey Namauu is a friend that she has met online during this time of preparation for her mission so I know that she is very excited and also comforted. So as I was getting prepared to post, I received a wonderful email from her mission President Swanson with a PICTURE!!!! Yeah!!!! He also reported that there is a live in physician who's wife is a nurse and the food is very plentiful. Also hand written letters are highly encouraged. Forgive me, I've never been a blogger and will eventually figure out how to post this photo as well!!
Love you all and as Justine's mother I am also very grateful for all of your love and compassion.

From the MTC President...
Dear Parents,
Sister Swensen and I are very happy to let you know that your missionary has arrived safely at the Brazil Missionary Training Center. What a great joy and privilege it is to greet each missionary as they begin their missionary experiences with us. We will surely take good care of your missionary.

The missionaries now have companions and are settled into their rooms. They are assigned to a district with capable and caring instructors for language and lesson study. Their branch presidents and wives, will meet them this Sunday. These wonderful couples are richly blessed as they work with, motivate, and interview the missionaries assigned to their branch.

The MTC has a full-time live-in physician to care for their health needs. He is assisted by his able wife who is a nurse. We are also happy to report that the cafeteria food is plentiful, healthy and very good.

Your missionary will be able to e-mail home on Preparation Day after a morning at the Temple. This will be either Wednesday or Friday, depending on individual assignments.

Your missionary is about to make an eternal difference in the lives of many others. President Lorenzo Snow said: “There is no mortal man that is as interested in the success of an elder when he is preaching the Gospel as is the Lord who sent him to preach to the people who are the Lord's children". We love these missionaries as if they were our own. We will watch over them carefully to ensure they are ready for a wonderful missionary experience after the rewarding time they will have in the MTC.

We thank you for preparing such a wonderful representative of the Lord.

President Robert Swensen and Sister Julie Swensen

No comments:

Post a Comment