Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 17 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - Remember the Power of Prayer


Well this week was H O T !!!!!! And just so you all I know, I need to say something very important and obvious. The Lord does truly bless the lives of missionaries and the place in which they came from. We can all testify of this thanks to the Panthers.. :)

Pday was good! Everyone slept last pday so I just read my scriptures. I don’t like sleeping my pday away, it’s pointless. Today Sister covey and I are going to start packing and next pday we’re going shopping.


This Friday night starts Carnival here, so Brasil is about to get WILD!!!!!!!! This week was really easy going, not much to talk about. Sorry about the delay of pictures, I’ve been leaving my camera in the house because any extra weight in my bag counts after walking 9 hours.

So Tuesday was the hottest day I’ve ever experienced in my life! My companion passed out from heat in the middle of the road so I had to deal with that. But she’s fine and everything ended good!

Wednesday it rained a monsoon and we looked like we went swimming.. or more like the world tilted a little bit and the ocean was dumped on our heads!!!!

We went to the temple Saturday to watch a sealing, then after ate McDonalds! And McDonalds here is expensive oh my gosh!!!!!!! It’s 24 reais here for a McChicken and small fry! How crazy.

But then Saturday night, we had stake conference and Elder Gral from the 70’s spoke. He asked for all the missionaries to come up to the pulpit that were there and he spoke about us being the generation of the "spoken generation" and we are whom the Lord is pleased with today. He then asked for us to sing Called To Serve and then the congregation sang the second verse with us. It was so awesome. He basically spoke about how members of the church have a commandment to help the missionaries serving in their ward. We literally cannot succeed without the help of the members and that it so true. At times I know it’s really annoying, but the salvation of the people of the area depend on every member in the area. The missionaries are here to do the part we have to do, but there’s a part just for the members.

This week was a slow week, our investigators were not home, and it was so hot that everyone else we tried to find were too busy sleeping or in bars with air conditioning! We don’t have any serious investigators right now. Just Jucimar and Aline, mas everyone continue to pray for Jucimar please. He’s still struggling to find faith in what we teach and faith in general. We’ve fasted, prayed, fasted again, and prayed out our souls for him. One day he will, absolutely, find the faith.

So my invitation for you guys this week is to be a missionary and help your missionaries. When they come to your house and ask if there is anything they can do to help, they answer is usually always a no. but try turning the question around and ask them what you can do to help THEM. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Remember the power of prayer always.

com amor,
Sister Bido
Rua Doutor Rui Batista Pereira, 165
Jardim Caxingui
Sao Paulo, SP - 05517-080
BRASIL

No comments:

Post a Comment