Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 16 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - Every Member a Missionary



OLA AMIGOSSSSSSSS!!!!! 

Então desculpe, mas eu não quero falar muito sobre esta semana porque foi horrível!!!!!! Na verdade, foi muito bom.. quase.
Translation: So sorry, but I do not want to talk much about this week because it was horrible!!!!!! In fact, it was very nice .. almost.

So we went to Ibiuna Monday and shopped in the central of the city. We returned and had a birthday party/ family home evening at Irma Ana´s house for sister Covey.

Wednesday we had a broadcast from Provo CTM for all missionaries and it was kind of cool. It was really repetitive but good! BUT, before the broadcast, my zone got to pass through the temple finally and it was so great! The feeling of being in the Celestial Room is a feeling I want to always return to in my life. 

Thursday was my companion´s 1 year aniversario na missão, so we kind of had a party all day while working! Then we had family home evening with a family that is less active, and they made us dinner! I have no idea what it was, some kind of rice with stuff and burrito pancake with stuff. Whatever, it was good! Except for the fact that it´s a 34 minute walk/jog back to our house and they didn't finish cooking until 9:12pm.  So we returned to our house at 10:21pm.. which is one of the biggest no´s in the mission rule book. I felt so horrible but we literally tried our best. I rather return late than offend a family and not eat the food they bought and slaved to make.

But Friday morning, we had interviews with the president! Mine was really short because I had nothing to talk about! I've only been here 3 months, I don´t have any requests or problems!! But he did tell me that I´ll be changing areas this coming transfer when I finish my training!

ASK THE MISSIONARIES IN THE WARD ABOUT 12 SEMANAS (weeks)! It´s the most annoying thing in the freaking world. So I'm excited to only have 2 more weeks of it! I´m hoping he opens the area around the CTM for sisters, because right now it's closed but I have an obsessing hope that he will, so por favor pray with me that he will!!!!!!

Anyways Friday, sucked. No one opened there door for us or was too busy for us. We visited 21 people and no one.. literally NO ONE. We even had 3 hours of service planned and that fell through too.

Saturday was better, except that we missed the bus for Jardim Japao and walk 2 and a half hours there!!! So we didn't get much done. This week was a week, but nothing special!

I relearned in greater detail something I already knew.. members are missionaries too. We're all missionaries, and I think this may be one of the greatest commandments we have. Think of every one you love that doesn't have the gospel in their life right now. When the last day comes, and they're not saved with you.. how does that make you feel? and how will you feel when they ask you "Why didn't you teach me, why didn't you help me?" This is actually something that breaks my heart and makes me cringe inside. Our investigator Jucimar told us he is really interested in our church because of the faith the members have. He doesn't have faith. He literally doesn't have the faith that if he prays, He´ll receive an answer. He wants to have that faith, but it's just not there. Right now my companion and i are fasting for him, but it tears me apart that if we can´t teach him to have faith.. it's just scary! So my message for you all this week- be a missionary. Save those you love and bring them unto Christ.

com amor,
Sister Bido

No comments:

Post a Comment