Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 13 - Ibiúna and Vargem Grande - FELIZ ANO NOVO GENTE!!!!!


OKAYYYYY, so this week was good. It was a hard one, but minha nossa it was good. I got my new companion Tuesday, and my life changed. 
Not in a bad way, ainda.. mas madou com certeza. Why you ask? I will tell you. Sister Tesser is muita boa mesmo! She teaches wonderfully and personally and me ensinei muitas coisas já. But I can´t rely on her. With Sister Modesto, whenever I felt uncomfortable or felt like I literally couldn´t do something, she was there to step up and take control. But now, nope… part of my training now is to learn all the things I should have been doing during the last transfer. If I don´t feel comfortable, oh well. I better learn how to feel comfortable. So it was hard and frustrating and difficult this week adapting to that.. But like you said Mom- it will take at least 4 weeks. Now, with my pesquisadores.. Our investigator said that she doesn´t want to be baptized.  Continue praying for her and for her heart to be opened because I know there´s something else there about her. Fatima told us the other day that she always has trouble sleeping at night and feels like she´s being attacked in the middle of the night. I was really scared when she said this because of what happened with her last week and that Sister Modesto and I were talking about this.. We tried to do something about it but she won´t come to church or meet with a member. But her daughter Vanessa came to church Sunday and loved it!
Also, one day this week we went to the neighborhood/ city called Nagoya with the different temple to work… and we had success! One family was like farming beans or something so we offered to help and did that for 3 hours! Then they cut down 3 canes.. SUGAR CANE! i think. We just chewed the inside of the plant and it was so good hahaha; ANYWAYS. New Years was a blast. It was basically PDAY. We spent the whole day baking and I baked 56 cookies. I´m literally a pro and everyone is always asking me to make more. So New Year’s Eve, all 8 of us missionaries and the other missionaries in our zone had dinner together in the church and sang and played guitar and it was really fun! After, the other sisters from Ibiuna stayed at our house because it was too late for them to return. So we made beds in the living room and waited until midnight and banged pots and spoons and had a million huge fireworks in front of our house! It was awesome and Brazilians learned about our tradition with the pots and pans! The next day, we were allowed to sleep in until 8 o´clock! It was magnificent. My language is improving rapidly and for the first time, I can actually tell. By the end of this transfer I want to be almost fluent and I think I will be if I keep studying. I´m busting my tail studying right now and learning everything about the gospel in Portuguese because it´s easier to teach that way. Some mornings I wake up and feel really alone during study time but I know it´s just the adversary trying to bring my focus away. I learned so much in the past week about myself and everything I´m capable of that I hope and pray I can progress just as much every week for the rest of my life! Everything I do here, I literally throw my hands up and leave it to The Lord. I do my part first and then I put every cell in my body in a giant cup of faith and just go with it. At times I´m still really sensitive when people are rude about my language skills but I´m learning to let it go. I´ve learned one thing about myself and it´s this: If I want, I can be the most patient person in the world with other people. But with myself, no can do. So this year as a meta, I will focus on being patient com mi mesmo. This is one attribute of Christ that many people lack, but I will improve on this.. or try at least. I always want to be better and do more than I can in a certain moment and forget tp breath. I´m really hard on myself when I shouldn´t be, so I will work on that. Feliz Ano Novo to you all. Think of all your goals for the New Year and think of how you can receive help to achieve those goals. We don´t ever to do anything alone, ask The Lord.
com amor,

Sister Bido





No comments:

Post a Comment